Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Interview with photographer Qing Liu

About you.
As for a little bit about myself, I am currently studying Master of Architecture at the University of Sydney. I left China at the age of eight and have been living in Sydney mostly since then. I love photography and all things to do with art and design, as well as poetry, writing and translation.
Hiding behind my cameras, I wish to capture and distill each and every special moment.

What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  I can be attracted by the tiniest things, from the way a leaf falls in a puddle in the rain to a soundtrack from Godard’s movie. But since a few years ago, I must say I have fallen into the world of Marguerite Duras. Her books, her movies…Nothing more needs to be said.
Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?They say that one will eventually find one’s own place in the world, and I guess that’s how I feel with photography. I have ventured into architecture and translation before, but I must say photography is where I feel most at home.

Three adjectives to describe yourself.Calm, contemplative, nostalgic.

A film, a book and a song. Film:
 Le Gai Savoir by Jean Luc GodardBook: Le Ravissement de Lol V. Stein by Marguerite DurasSong: Fade into you by Mazzy Star

What camera do you use?  lense?I mainly use Canon Ae1 with 50mm lens. 

Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.Not yet, but I am planning to have one in the near future, featuring a series of work that I will be taking across Europe. 

Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?Not single prints, however I am planning for a book to be published featuring mainly new projects as well as some past ones, more details to be announced soon. 

What was your most big success? I think success can be measured in many ways, taking the perfect photo can be successful, being a good daughter can also be successful, and making the perfect cup of coffee in the morning is just as equally successful!

Favourite photographer.Saul Leiter, amazing colours and light. 

Describe some of your projects.
At the end of this year I will be taking another trip to Europe where I will try to capture a series of photos featuring solitude and serenity, which will then be published into a book.

 Your main concept.A collection of memories.

 What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography.At the moment I am studying architecture, however my interests extend beyond to art and design, poetry, writing and translation.

           Which advice would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?See the world with your heart. 
Do you work as photographer? In the near future, hopefully.                                    Your plans.
I am hoping to integrate film-making with photography in the future, along with poems and fiction that I have written. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...