Thursday, August 20, 2015

Interview with photographer Juan Pablo Delgado Berman

About you:

I’m a 33 year old visual artist. I was born and raised in the Yucatan Peninsula, in the South of Mexico. I currently live between Mexico and Germany.

What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  

I like to work with environments-situations which people can be somehow identified with. To work with the perception of reality, memories and the different roles we play every day.

     
Describe some of your projects

 I’m interested in working with how we all have different perceptions of reality. For some time I was very interested in developing projects about identity, but I don’t feel like  any more. Other subject which normally is in my work is nature, which is a big influence for me.You can see more in www.jpdeberman.com

            Yourmain concept.

Human.

               Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?

Many things and situations have happened to me in the last 10 years, I think I would keep this three: places I’ve been, people I’ve met and getting to knowm yself better.

                 Three adjectives to describe yourself.

Hard working, intensive, sensitive.

                A film, a book and a song

“Stalker”, by A. Tarkovskywould be my film; I don’thave a favourite book, but Jorge Luis Borgesisone of my favourite writers. I don’thave a favorite song neither, I love music in general, if I had to keep the work of just one composer, that would be Bach or Chopin, Bill Evans would be alsoconsidered.


              What camera do you use?  lense?
I work with different cameras. I have Nikon D70 and D90, nowadays I work with D90 ifI’musing digital; but the lastc ouple of years I’ve been working with analog cameras; my favorite is a russian camera called Smena 8; and a Flexaret VI, from late 60’s, from Czech Republic, isalsogreat. I also work with a Braun semiautomathic camera.

             Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.

I’ve have different solo and group exhibitions in different places like Mexico, Austria, USA, Cuba and Serbia. To know more about my projects people can visit jpdeberman.com/serieswhereispossible to readmore about each project.

            Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?

I do sell prints, mostly in exhibitions and to the people who contac me through my website;  now I’m working more in unique pieces which are interved with watercolouroracrylic Paint.

            What was your most big success?
My biggest success is to be able to do what I love to do and to get Money for it.


           Favourite photographer.

That’s a hard question, are many of them, I can tell names like Diane Arbus, Gregory Crewdson, Nadav Kander, Andreas Gurskyor, Hiroshi Sugimoto, imposible to mention just one.

       What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography. Describe it.
I’ve been dedicating more and more time to video, moving image. I also work as a freelance redaktor/writer for different firmas. I spend a lot of time reading and taking long walks when is posible.

          
           Which advice would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?
Work hard, keep shooting, watching art in general and reading a lot. Is also important to learn when to say no to a projector a person. Believe in what you’re doing and in who you are.


          Do you work as photographer?

Yes, I do different kind of works as aphotographer. Documentary, editorial, concerts and personal projects.
                                               
            Your plans.
I’m planning to work more on video for the next months, I have an idea for a photo Project related to geometry and perception  which is stil lthat, an idea.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...