Monday, March 25, 2013

Interview with photographer Pati Gagarin

About you:
Hi! My name's Pati. I was born in Valladolid (Spain) 25 years ago and I study Building Engineering. I consider myself an autodidact photographer, always learning and taking inspiration from everything, everyone and everywhere. 
I've been taking pictures for the last 6 years. I really love space and cosmonauts history and that's why I decided to use Gagarin as surname, in memory of my beloved Yuri.

What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you? 
The simple things, the routine. How people insert in its day-by-day things that, out of this day-by-day routine, may be quite special, but they do not notice that.


Tell us about your experience as a photographer. What did it give you? How you learned?
For me, taking photographs is my escape route. It gives me some kind of freedom. I'm happy when I'm taking them, it really makes my day.
I've learned by myself, but I have a long way to go yet. I'm always learning and developing myself, and I hope it never ends.
Do you have other job or interest besides photography?I'm interested in all this DIY world that is growing up since few years ago. Jewelery, crafting, cooking. Webs like Tumblr or Pinterest make it so easy, they're so insipiring!
Also I'm learning to play ukelele, my boyfriend gave it to me for my last birthday and it's great. And sometimes I ride my longboard (less than I'd like, sincerely)

Three adjectives to describe yourself.
That's a difficult one. Sleepyhead, beaming. Observant.


A film, a book and a song. 
- The Darjeeling Limited, Wes Anderson.
- One hundred years of solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
- Terrible Angels, Cocorosie.


What camera do you use? Dou you use one lense?
I use a Nikon D40 with a 35 mm.
I often use a Yashica FX3 super 2000, and sometimes disposable cameras. I recently have acquired a Mamiya C220, but haven't shooted anything yet.


Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.
Oh, no. I haven't. But I would love to!

Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?
Yes! Well, I do not own any website, but do sell them by email. Just contact me in patigagarin@gmail.com, I don't bite!

What was your most big success? 

To collaborate in two fanzines with another amazing photographers I admire.
By one hand, Panoplie (France, ), with people like Ana Kraš.
By the other hand, Pretty Good Summer ( http://prettygoodsummer.tumblr.com/ ), a NY fanzine with people like Paul Octavious.
 
Favourite photographer.

Jim Mangan, Grassdoe, Tamara Lichtenstein. My favourite spanish photographers are Iban Ramón and Lara Alegre.

Describe some of your projects
Many of my projects are focused on females. Femininity has many ways to explore and I love to do it. I feel really comfortable shooting my friends, they're my best models.

Your main concept.
I'm trying to make what i would like to see, if I wasn't me.
Your plans.Finish university and focus my efforts on being a good photographer. And travel to space!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...