Saturday, February 23, 2013

Interview with photographer Ella Ruth Cowperthwaite



-about you:
-My name is Ella Ruth and I am a self-taught freelance photographer about to turn 21. I live in England, dividing my time between two cities and a town. When I'm not taking photographs I can be found cooking, making scrapbooks and wandering around the hills.
-What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?
-Magical moments in everyday places - pretty shadows, dappled light, bold colours in nature... I'm most attracted to things which are natural but look as though they came straight from someone's wild imagination.
-Tell us about your experience as photographer what did it give you?
-It has definitely given me confidence and it has changed the way I see the world. I feel like I can see a beauty in almost anything now and I love that photography gives you the power to make a record of that beauty and share it.
-Three adjectives to describe yourself.
-Curious, adventure-seeking and alive.
-A film, a book and a song.
-Donnie Darko. A series of unfortunate events by Lemony Snicket. Isara by Eluveitie.
-What camera do you use? Dou you use one lense?
-A Nikon D90 and I almost always use a 50mm f/1.4 lens
-Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.
-I've been part of a few exhibitions. The most recent was at the MAC in Birmingham, England with a group of artists from my hometown. It was amazing to see other people looking at my work and actually hear them discussing it!
-Do you sell prits? How do you make it and where can someone buy?
-I do, but just casually via email at the moment. They're made through an English printing company (I tried a bunch and chose my favourite!) and they can be bought via email (ella_ruth_c@hotmail.co.uk).
-Favourite photographer.
-I could never pick just one. There are hundreds whose work I am in awe of.
-Describe some of your projects.
-I have an ongoing project to capture images the way I see the world in my dreams. I want to literally mimic the colours, the atmosphere, the general vibe of the worlds my dreams take place in.
-Your main concept.
-I want to shoot images that people want to keep looking back at.
-your most big success?

-I consider finding confidence in both myself and in my art to be my biggest success. Without that I'd be nowhere!
-Your plans.
-I'm finishing off a degree for the next year or so and after that I plan to travel and start a little journey to seeing as much of the world as possible!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...