Sunday, March 18, 2012

Interview with young talented photographer: Laura Makabresku


               What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  

Dark forests, humid mosses, silence, dark, sensitivity, the sound you hear when you immerse your head under water, tales about universe told by my lad in bed before going to sleep.

      Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?

Constant unrest, need of knowing myself and knowing what does art mean to me.

  Three adjectives to describe yourself.

Latent, quiescent, double nature.




     A film, a book and a song. 
Piano tuner of the earthquakes (by Stephen and Timothy Quay), The Painted Bird (by Jerzy Kosiński), All the pretty little horsies (by Current 93).

      What camera do you use? Dou you use one lense?

I use lots of cameras, i.e. zenith-b, zenith 12xp, zenith 11, praktica plc3, canon 50e, kiev 88. As for the lens I have them many, but mainly prime lens, i.e. canon 50mm 1.8 or many kinds of helios.

     Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.


    Do you sell prits? How do you make it and where can someone buy?

Yes, I do. You can buy them here: lauramakabresku.bigcartel.com. You can also pick some of my photos from my flickr, blogspot or deviantart. I print them on high quality matte paper, sign and date them. If someone is interested, I can also print a photo on canvas in bigger sizes, i.e. 40x60, 50x70 or bigger.

      Favourite photographer.

Paolo Roversi, Tim Walker, Ellen Rogers, Annie Leibovitz, Alison Scarpulla, Aëla Labbé, Robert Moses Joyce..

      Your main concept.

Fairy tales.

  Your plans.
Short movie. Going abroad (Island, Ireland or maybe Australia?). Buy two russian cats. To open taxidermy workshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...